Sunday, April 14, 2024

Tasting - Barone Fini Pinot Grigio

 

Name: Barone Fini Pinot Grigio Valdadige D.O.C.

Variety: Pinot Grigio

Region: Valdadige

Country: Italy

Year: 2022

Price: $19

Winery Review: Barone Fini’s flagship wine is made with minimal human intervention and from 100% handpicked Valdadige grapes, found in the pristine northern Italian Alps. Here, altitudes range from 150 – 300 meters above sea level to produce a beautifully bright, natural wine that is incredibly approachable and easy to share.
Delicate floral aromas with notes of lemon delight the nose. Refreshing flavors of honeydew and ripe apples are balanced with a bright acidity and warm minerality. Mouthfeel is crisp and lingering.

Wine Folly: Pinot Grigio In Northeast Italy (256): The regions of ALto Adige and Friuli are famous for Pinot Grigio. In the alpine, Alto Adige, wines are more floral with piercing acidity. In Friuli, you'll find them to offer peach and chalky flavor. Investigate Colli Orientali and Collio for great quality.

Lemon, White Peach, Crushed Rocks, Saline, Lime Zest.

My Review: Upon my first tasting of this wine, I could immediately pick up hints of tropical fruit. As I continued I honed in what I was tasting to traces of Pineapple and possibly even some lemon. I didn't really pick up on the honeydew that the winery describes, but I think that may be due to not being super familiar with what that flavor is like in general. I paired this wine with my salmon dinner, but honestly didn't notice a real difference in the taste of the wine or the salmon. This makes sense, as now that I look at the winery's website, they recommend pairing with lobster linguini or creme brulee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Dr. Loosen Blue Slate Riesling Kabinett

  Name: Dr. Loosen Blue Slate Riesling Kabinett Variety: Riesling Region: Mosel Country: Germany Year: 2022 Price: $22 Winery Review: ...